Laying the Foundation
Wilmington Waterfront Promenade (2024)
The newly completed Wilmington Waterfront Promenade consists of nine acres along the water's edge at the terminus of Avalon Boulevard, spanning Berths 183 through 186 in Wilmington. The project was designed with the goals of connecting Wilmington to its historic waterfront while also providing amenities which serve to separate the community of Wilmington from Port operations. With Banning's Landing on one side and the Wilmington Youth Sailing Center on the other, the Wilmington Waterfront Promenade project creates a unique waterfront area for families, community members, and visitors to enjoy.
Construction on the next phase of the Wilmington Waterfront, the Avalon Pedestrian Bridge and Promenade Gateway, is scheduled to begin in the Winter of 2025 and will include a pedestrian bridge that will connect Wilmington's waterfront with local shops, restaurants and other businesses in downtown Wilmington.
Trani's Dockside Station (2023)
Electrical Updates: Wilmington Youth Sailing Center (2022)
This project is an important activator of the Wilmington Waterfront Promenade Project.
3,800 square feet of community building with 8,000 square feet boat storage area, boat hoist and gangway.
This amenity activates the public plazas and gathering areas of the Wilmington Waterfront Promenade Project.
Town Square and Promenade Phase I
Ferry Building Public Landing
- Completed in fall of 2021, the Ferry Building Public Landing is an important activating amenity that supports the Town Square Project.
- The new landing increases water activity and public use in a previously underutilized area adjacent to the Town Square.
- Cost: $2.1M
Town Square Public Restrooms
- Completed in fall of 2021, the Town Square Public Restrooms include four single-use stalls, exterior sinks, janitor area and surrounding landscaping.
- The restrooms provide a much-needed amenity for visitors and events at an important open space location between the San Pedro Public Market and Downtown San Pedro.
- Cost: $1.0M
Harbor Boulevard Roadway Improvements Project (2018)
Wilmington Youth Sailing and Aquatic Center
- Located at Berth 203 #9 in Wilmington, this project is an important activator of the Wilmington Waterfront Promenade Project.
- It consists of 3,800 square feet of community building and 8,000 square feet boat storage area, boat hoist and gangway.
- This amenity will activate the public plazas and gathering areas of the Wilmington Waterfront Promenade Project.
- Cost: $3.1M
- Completion Date: July 2016
Brouwerij West (2016)
Downtown Harbor (2014)
Outer Harbor (2014)
Wilmington Marina Parkway (2014)
Battleship IOWA (2012)
Catalina Sea and Air Terminal (2012)
CRAFTED at the Port of Los Angeles (2012)
Historic Port of Los Angeles Warehouse #10 was converted by Santa Monica’s Bergamot Station Arts Center redeveloper, CRAFTED at the Port of Los Angeles, tasked with the challenge to retain the maritime and industrial history of the vintage, wood-frame structure, and revitalize the warehouse to accommodate vibrant, new visitor-serving uses that complement existing and future development of the LA Waterfront. As a result, the CRAFTED marketplace comprises a community of one-of-a-kind local artists, handmade goods, gourmet concessions, live music and entertainment, with a popular indoor venue that boasts 110,000 square feet, featuring 500 vendor stalls, spacious aisles, natural lighting, with a large outdoor courtyard and special event space that offers complimentary parking. Get local, handmade goods at craftedportla.com.